Hi everyone, I hope your enjoying your weekend.
I wanted to share a make-over that I just did on the chair I picked up at the flea market recently.
If you recall, I had said that it wasn't very pretty, but it was very sturdy and solid, so I knew I could do something with it. After all, I only paid $35.00 for it. You can see the before upholstery here.
I didn't take a photo of what the base looked like before I painted it, but I'm sure you've all seen that ugly old yellow and brown paint that use to be all the rage in the 60/70's.
I painted it with Benjamin Moore paint called "Steam" and lightly waxed it with dark brown Briwax.
I loved the color of the velvet but it was in pretty bad shape and the foam pad was disintegrating underneath, so it wasn't really comfortable to sit on.
When I took off the old velvet, it was a complete mess underneath, the foam pad had turned to dust, literally, so I am glad I decided to re-upholster it.
I used one of my old grain sacks to cover the seat and arms. I love this one with the red monogram.
I am so happy with how it turned out, so it was worth my hands and shoulders hurting for a few days from all of the stapling. :) I really need to get an electric air staple gun.
Now, I think this piece will be the next to get a makeover. I'm not really loving the old creamy chippy paint. So I might end up just painting it white for a fresh and clean look. Plus it will stand out a lot more against my newly painted pale gray walls. I've always loved how Maria's mantle looks against her gray walls. Her style always inspires!
Well, I hope everyone has a beautiful Sunday!
Thank you all for taking the time to stop by!!~
Talk with you soon!